Friday 4 August 2017

A sweet escape- Mount Lavania, Colombo

August, 2017. I never imagined myself standing in a post card view. When i stepped on the warm brown sugar sand of Mount Lavania beach in colombo, i was overrun with emotions i find difficult to describe.All i remember is the wild wind in my hair and the finest beach sand running through my feet as the ocean waves unhesitatingly approached me one after the other.
"Breathe in, breathe out" that's all i did until the sun sank on the horizon but i could feel my world expanding. It was real and it was simple and it was pure. It was everything at once and i knew my world would never be small again.
 I've only been here a week but i go to the beach every other day.
So if you're in Colombo and you want a nice place to stay, with an amazing view and great restaurants with the best food in Colombo then Mount Lavania is the place for you. There are plenty of hotels, hostels and houses where you could rent a room for just 20$ a night.
 Most of the properties offer free WiFi and a kitchen where you can cook your own food. although some places also offer complimentary breakfast but the prices go up accordingly. This place is also famous for its beach parties . The property i'm at is Golden Bridge which is less than a 100 meters from the beach. Don't forget to visit Mount Lavania when you're in Colombo and remember never to be afraid. The winds are always in your favor.

-the wren.



No comments:

Post a Comment